Thursday, February 5, 2009

Gwyneth Paltrow - You must not be friends with Rupert Murdoch



Wow, the NY Post has it out for Gwyneth Paltrow. The article basically made fun of her 4 month old website, GOOP and the weekly newsletter that talks about where to shop, eat and parent. 

I checked out the site. It is pretentious and obnoxiously written but to the article's point, it's well worth receiving the newsletter to get a good laugh and mock her from afar. 

This is from the article so you can hate her too. "Last month, she told the USA Today that "I feel sorry for people who dislike her". (dont feel sorry for me, I am not married to an a**hole). " I am who I am. I can't pretend to be somebody who makes $25,000 a year" (No one expects you to be humble or act like a pauper but have some dignity to not insult our intelligence with your holier than thou, self indulgent, narcissistic attitude). 

Check our her site and decide for yourself. www.goop.com  (nourish the inner aspect - seriously that is the tag line and that is the sound of gagging). There are 6 sections defined by a symbol

MAKE - fork and knife . The section references Sunday dinners and making meatballs. i like to her make a meatball, isn't she a vegetarian. Then there is section on Detox which doctors do not recommend doing.

GO - bicycle. about traveling to london, NY and LA 
GET  - long sleeve t-shirt.  Holiday Gifts I just can get into it. I just get the sense that she would never buy any of the stuff she is recommending. As far as I am concerned its promoting the products she endorses like Tods and Bottega veneta. Although I will say she does promote Uniqlo and American Apparal which are low priced brands 
DO  - slide - I just cant read it. I am so annoyed at this point 
BE  - Butterfly.  Parenting tips really. Help me god. 
SEE - binocolars. Books to read.... 


I never liked her before this article. I don't think she should have one for Shakespeare in Love, I think she is married to an a**hole and she is friends with Madonna.  This has not enhance my view on her, if anything I am annoyed and according to her she feels sorry for me. 

I guess she told me. Off to the therapist I go (not)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have never been a fan of hers. She always seems so sanctomonius like she is soo much better than you are

Post a Comment