Saturday, February 21, 2009

Pink Panther 2 - Not worth the $$$


What can I say, with the exception of Coraline, there were no other children's movies out. As desperately, as I wanted to see Coraline, I knew that my daughter was too young to see it and would be afraid of all those 3-D button eyes flying at her. I only envisioned pleas to leave and my frustration of having  just spent $20 to see a movie so off to the Pink Panther 2 we went.

What can I say than, seriously, it took 3 people including Steve Martin to write that drivel. Alfred Molina, Lily Tomlin, Andy Garcia, Emily Mortimer, John Cleese, and Jeremy Irons were all in this movie. This group of actors is soo talented and all been in hit movies. Did they not read the script? Or did they to  fund a beach house somewhere. It's the only explanation I can fathom why they would have done this movie. 

Only a five year could have enjoyed that nonsense.  The plot was absurd (I am not waisting time to explain it) Also the script was blatantly sexist and racist. I have no idea why they would write the character in that way. Just odd. I think I laughed maybe 2x. 

When I see movies like this, it does not surprise me why the movie industry is doing so poorly. And you can ramble on about prices, the internet, cable... that are hurting ticket sales but if there is good movie out, people will get off their butts and pay the money to see it.

If I  had not promised to take her to a movie, I would have just passed on this. 

P.S. I would have paid to see Paul Blart, Mall Cop over this. Kevin James is by far funnier than Steve Martin. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment