Monday, July 27, 2009

Quote of the Week - Henry Miller

Until we lose ourselves there is no hope of finding ourselves.
By Henry Miller (author of Tropic of Cancer and Tropic of Capricorn)

I came across this quote as I walking the other day and thought it was appropriate for me and many others.

We sometimes go along with the status quo (be it the same job, relationships, habits) because we can't figure how to change, fear of change, responsibilities, inertia, etc. And we know this can go on years until we are lost. Sometimes we don't even know we are lost until something jolts us into the here and now.

Sure this is not the best time to be laid off and searching for a job but would I have started this blog otherwise, would have reconnected with former colleagues, gotten healthier, started writing a book, met new friends from my blog? All a big fat no!!!

So here's to finding myself and to you finding yourself.

What are you doing to find yourself, today, this week?





0 comments:

Post a Comment