Tuesday, September 8, 2009

2009 Summer Milestones



Where did the summer go? It seemed like yesterday it was the last day of kindergarten and tomorrow is the start of first grade. Yes, America, New York City public schools begin on the Wednesday after Labor Day.

While my job situation (or lack there of) remains the same, life goes on. That said, my daughter and I have had some key milestones over the summer.

My daughter's key 2009 Summer milestones:
  • Went to day camp for the first time
  • Lost her right front tooth
  • Learned to ride a bike
  • Learned to blow a bubble
  • Had her first radio interview on Blog Talk Radio
  • Had her first tennis lesson and attended her first U.S. Open at Arthur Ashe stadium and saw Venus Williams and Rafael Nadal win their respective tennis matches
  • Had her first television interview and tv spot on myfoxnews.com
  • Met the Kool-Aid man
  • Traveled to Philadelphia - saw the Liberty Bell, went to Betsy Ross' house, rode in horse and carriage and a trolley
  • Went to the Radio City Music Hall and met a rockette
  • Started receiving an allowance
  • Received her first telephone call from a camp friend (this milestone I could do without)

Linda's 2009 Summer Milestones
The job search may have slowed to a dead spot but the site has provided me with so many great opportunities and comments from everyone that it keeps me moving forward.

I hope you have had a great summer and would love to hear about your summer milestones.


Here is to a great fall.

3 comments:

Nicole Feliciano said...

You had a busy summer. School started today for us. A bittersweet time--end of summer freedom , but excitement of a new year. Hope to see you at an event soon.

Unknown said...

My family had a rally good summer too. We traveled to Australia and visited family there but it was great to be home.

I like your blog and this is a really good method of documenting your holidays. Gives me idea for the kids next project.

Keep up the good work. I feel you should network with the bizymoms Yonkers community.

SmartPumpkin'sMom said...

Wow!!! That sure sounds exciting!

Post a Comment