Friday, September 11, 2009

Say A Prayer Today for 9/11 Victims and their family and Friends

Today, I will refrain from posting and do what I have always done since that fateful day 8 years ago and go to church and say a prayer for the victims of 9/11 and reflect on fate and luck that no one I directly knew was killed or that I was not hurt when the Towers were hit.

Even today, I still remember the day. Yes, I was there since I worked downtown in the World Financial Center. For those of you who don't live in New York City, the World Financial Center is directly across the street from where the Towers once stood. The windows of the first few floors of our building were blown out making the building uninhabitable for over 8 months.

Eleven employees of our company lost their lives with countless others being hospitalized and dozens of employees losing family members. I know several people at the company who lost their husbands/fiancees on that day.

Those moments of that morning will haunt me forever.

So Remember Those We Lost
Honor Those Who Protect Us
And Look to the Future With Hope

0 comments:

Post a Comment