Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Open Letter to Mayor Bloomberg - We need more Parks

Dear Mayor Bloomberg,

I am fascinated at the fact that you seem to be so concerned about the obesity issue with the children of New York City but don't seem to provide them with outlets to run around.

This past weekend, I happened upon the new park at Union Square. What struck me was that the park was literally filled to capacity with kids and what really struck me was that some people wanted to it be smaller to put up another restaurant.

Instead of focusing on soft drinks why don't you focus on building more parks but oh that would mean that your developer friends don't make money.

I hate to break it you M. Bloomberg, but single people are not moving into those new buildings, families are and they need parks and schools.

0 comments:

Post a Comment