Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Action Packed Weekend

When it rains, it pours, when it comes to our weekends. Either every minute is filled with a multitude of activities or it's my daughter asking "what are we doing? can we have a playdate with insert child's name?"

This past weekend, along with our Saturday morning ritual of swimming then ballet classes, we had to scurry down to Battery Park for a drop-off birthday party. For the record, I don't know who started the drop off birthday party, but I salute you, in fact, I raise a glass of champagne to you.

So what did I do while the birthday party was happening, I went to see Hot Tub Time Machine. Yes, I did. I must admit until I read the reviews, I was going to pass but it was truly funny. It is really worth seeing although fair warning,  some of it's raw and raunchy which in my opinion did not really add to the story and could have been deleted.

After the party, we met with friends for a fun dinner at Lucky Strike in Soho. Lucky Strike is one of those "go to" restaurants, I used to frequent before I adopted my daughter.  Not much has changed, same decor (french bistro look), great wine and sadly, the crowd is still young and hip. Only we are getting older.

Then onto Sunday where we went to see the latest Cirque du Soleil show, Ovo. Check out my full review at NYC Single Mom Reviews. If you don't feel like reading my review, I recommend it.


This is an original NYC Single Mom post. Read Linda's latest posts at NYC Single Mom ReviewsNYCMoms blog, NY Metropolista and travelingmom.com.


0 comments:

Post a Comment