Exciting news - I am partnering up with New York City's Public TV station, Channel 13 as a Kids Club 13 Ambassador. To say that I was thrilled to be asked to be an ambassador is an understatement.
Along with being a fan of the station since I moved to New York, my daughter has grown up watching some of the best children's programming on television. Entertaining and educational shows like Sid the Science Kid, Cyberchase, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Dragon Tales and of course, everyone's all time favorites, Sesame Street and Barney.
So what is Kids Club 13? It is the new family membership program run by Channel 13.
For an annual gift of $75, your Kids Club 13 membership includes the following:
- Free events for your children (four this summer)
- Discounts to places you are already go or have been dying to try out like the Brooklyn Museum, Police Museum, International Center of Photography, Gazillion bubble Show, New York Liberty and many more places.
- Your Kid's birthday on TV!!
- Founding Family members get two years for the price of one (sign up through May 10, 2010). The membership is good for 2 adults and 3 children.
Upcoming Free and Fun Events
- May 9 - Fleece Weekend at the Prospect Park Zoo
- June 13 - June Bugs Month and the Mighty String Demons at the Staten Island Children's Museum
- July 11 - Second Sunday with Bang on a Can at the Noguchi Museum
Kids Club 13 is an amazing way to take advantage of all the city events that you might not otherwise take advantage of and/or get discounts at venues you currently visit.
Don't wait, sign up and become a Founding Member of Kids Club Thirteen. Sign up, here.
Seriously, calculated over the next two years, it comes to under $4.00/month and remember summer is coming up.
Become a Channel 13 fan on Facebook
Become a follower at Twitter.com/KidsClub13
Disclosure: NYC Single Mom was not paid for this post but did receive a family membership.