Sunday, April 11, 2010

Today Show Segment - Dark Side of Mom Blog and my thoughts

Maybe some of you saw the Today Show segments on the dark side of mom blogs. It's an interesting topic. Yes, we in the blog community are using blogs as a vehicle to talk about our lives, gain support and ask questions.

No matter what type of blog you have, there are going to be naysayers and judgmental folks. It only takes one comment to make your day happy or sad. People have opinions and of course, why shouldn't moms?

From my perspective, I would say that 99% of the comments have been positive. There are some who don't agree with my more pop cultural comments (e.g. Kate Gosselin or Tiger Woods) but for the parenting posts, the support has been more than positive.

And for the record, I hate the word "trolls" that has been given to negative commenters. Also, I thought the segment was a little boring and was lacking any depth like they had nothing new to say about mom bloggers so let's go to the negative angle of blogging. The comments they used were somewhat benign compared to what I have seen on some parenting blogs and compared to comments on political blogs, there is no comparison.

I would love to hear from other bloggers. Have you ever received negative comments and what was the topic?

0 comments:

Post a Comment