- Parenting is not easy as we all know so I am always looking to other parents for tips. Loved the 3 parenting tips that Shinybrite uses to reign the chaos of the day. My favorite takeaway is if you're snacking, you need to sit. I am the master of multi-tasking but I need to reign that in and focus in on one task a time. Kids should focus on eating, not eating and walking. Read all of her parenting tips at http://shinybrite.wordpress.com/2010/07/28/3-parenting-tips-for-calming-the-chaos/
- Leeks, what to do you with them? I never know. Shinybrite has a simple easy recipe definitely worth trying. I am going this week.
- Looking for a new diaper bag or a gift for friend, check out momfinds for cheap diaper bags. Where were these cool bags when my daughter was a baby?
- "Mom, do I look fat?" For someone who has been a diet since she was fifteen, I sooooo am not trying to pass along my "fatness" fear onto my daughter, the last thing I want her to do is start dieting the way I did. Donna Fish, a licensed clinical social worker provides tips for parents with tweens/teens over at Child Grows in Brooklyn. Well worth reading.
- I had no idea Vitamin D was so important for kids and me. A Child Grows in Brooklyn provides reasons why Vitamin D is so important for all of us and ways to get into our diet.
- Everyone who becomes a parent realizes pretty quickly, that we are winging it as parents every day. Mom delicious tells about her thoughts about a friends compliment "now you look a mother." We have all been there.
- I love ad hoc moms mommy etiquette in 8 simple rules - Every mom should read it and hopefully recognize themselves, I am talking to you moms who brag about what a difficult decision they have on which G&T school to go to.
- It's hot out people and like ad hoc mom, I am more than happy to stay in rather go to the playground in 95 degree weather with no shade. Read her bribery attempts to stay inside over braving the heat wave.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Here's a shout out to some of favorite posts of the week.
Labels: Single Mom Daily Life