Sunday, January 4, 2009

Shows to watch this week

So happy the holidays are since it means reruns are over. Yeah!!!

Here's a recap of what I think you should be watching:

Psych - Fridays @ 10 on USA network
The mentalist is basically a rip off of this show but not funny. It stars my favorite fake psychic Shawn Spencer (James Roday) and his best friend, Burton "Gus" Guster (Dule Hill from the West Wing). I like this show for various reason, its funny, written well, has black co-star who is not just a sidekick but an integral of the show, set in Santa Barbara, also includes my favorite LA Law actor Corbin Benson.

Gossip Girl - Monday @ 8 on CW
I love this show which has surprised me since I hated season 1 but somehow the writers have hit a groove. Sadly, only 4 people on this show can truly act and having any chemistry togther. Oddly enough it splits the demographics; Chuck Bass (Ed Westwick showing that english actors do better american accents than vice versa) and Blair Waldorf (Leighton Meester), the prep schoolers and Lily Bass and Rufus Humprey. I am sure they did not do this intentionlly but is always the case with shows that CW seems to aim at the 12-24 demo but us older demo comes to the party and gets sucked in.
Nip/Tuck - Tuesday @ 10 on FX
This one is toss up as to whether I will watch this all the way through. It has become so ubsurdly over the top it's jump the shark and gone so campy, I am annoyed. For those not in the know, its about a couple plastic surgeons who now live in LA tranplanted from Miami.

Grey's Anatomy - Thursday @9 and Private Practice @10 on ABC
GA is on its last legs unless Shonda and her team get it together. There have been glimpses of its former glory but not enough in my opinion to keep me going.
PP is really on its last legs. It is does not bode well that they had to move the show after GA to improve the ratings. Again great cast, just dont care about the characters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment