Friday, March 27, 2009

Celebrity Twitters - Kanye West can't be bothered with actually communicating with his fans.

I am guilty of being celebrity obsessed so it should not come as a surprise that I am following a few celebrities on Twitter. Currently, I am following Shaq, Ashton Kutcher, John Hodgeman (you may debate whether he actually is a celebrity) and MC Hammer.

It doesn't come as a shock why celebrities are jumping on the Twitter bandwagon. It's another channel to "communicate" with their fans and promote their "stuff".

What I find amusing is that based on what you already know about a celebrity in general, you can pretty much figure out if that person is writing their own post.

Do you really think that Martha Stewart or Britney Spear are writing their own posts? Martha has admitted that she doesn't write them. Britney can barely put a sentence together in interviews and has admitted that she has a ghostwriter. So whats the point of reading a ghost writer's post. I rather get my Britney news from TMZ which probably is more real than the posts.

Shaq had the best quote from the New York Times article on celebrity Twitter posts. “It’s 140 characters. It’s so few characters. If you need a ghostwriter for that, I feel sorry for you.”

I completely agree. Why bother Twittering if you aren't going to take the time to do it your self? The only exception is President Obama which if he is actually sending tweets, I would be annoyed he spending his time frivolously.

And then there is Kanye West, who maybe talented but continues to the most egotistical ass when it comes to any topic, hired 2 people to write his posts. What a loser!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment