Friday, March 27, 2009

Outplacement Office - Envy and Jealousy are not good things to be

I have been going to the outplacement office off and on for the last 5-6 weeks to take classes that I think will be helpful in my job search.

As part of the intro of every class, we all have to introduce our selves. I would say that the vast majority of people are older workers and what I mean by older if 50+. There are few Generation X'ers but not many. No surprise that most of the people fall into financial services industry and from every bank in New York City.

I know I shouldn't be jealous or envious because I know that for long stretches of my life that I wasn't working I was happy. I don't regret living and studying in Italy or teaching English in Japan or spending time with my mother's family or going to grad school.

But when you hear about some guy from Credit Suisse who has worked there for 29 years and is going to wait out the market for a year, it's hard not to be jealous.

1 comments:

Fay said...

Congratulations! I have reviewed "New York City Single Mom" and I'm pleased to inform you that your blog has been added to Blogging Women.

Thank you for submitting your blog and for doing such a wonderful job with this blog.

Welcome aboard and please watch for monthly contest to have your blog listed in our Featured Blogs section!

Post a Comment