Saturday, May 30, 2009

Girls Night Out - Star Trek and Vietnamese Food

After seeing Star Trek (my second time) with my friends, we went to check out a L'annam Vietnamese restaurant near Union Square. 

I love all Asian food but never eaten Vietnamese food. I can't say I was overwhelmed by the meal or figured out how  it's different than Thai food. 

We started with spring rolls. Those were yummy and I liked the dipping sauce. Just the right amount of lemon, spice and sweet taste. 

For my meal, I ordered the Basil Chicken and Jumbo Shrimp which tasted exactly like Basil Chicken I order from Spice or other Thai restaurants, nothing special.  My friends ordered mango chicken (good) and some spicy peanut beef dish (too peanutty for a meal but would be good as an appetizer).  

I will say that that the service was quick, the portions were huge the prices were reasonable and the place was packed indicating it's popularity. I can only assume it's popular because of the portions and price plus a bottle of wine cost $18. Can't beat that price. 

Will I go back and dine there in person, probably not, since there are so many great restaurants to try in the neighborhood. Not sure if I would even do take out, my daughter is pretty particular about her Pad Thai so I will most likely give it try for take out only.

Any recommendations for good Vietnamese restaurants in the city. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment