Thursday, August 6, 2009

Bringing Up Baby will cost you $221,000

I always knew it was expensive to raise a child but according to the USDA's Center for Nutrition Policy, it will cost you $221,000 for a child born in 2008 until age 17.

From a personal perspective, I actually think this number is low. First, it only calculates the expenses until age 17. What about college? What about extracurricular activities?

The flip side to this story is the benefits to having children and what they bring to your life. I love my daughter and when she tells me she loves me, who cares about the expensive.

Click here read the entire story.

2 comments:

JosiahsMommy said...

I think it might be low too. Do they count on breastfeeding or formula? Medical issues? Hospital stays? Interesting article though.

NYC Single Mom said...

I think its low as well.

Post a Comment