Thursday, August 6, 2009

John Hughes - Dead at 59


I am so stunned by the news of John Hughes' death. He directed some of my favorite movies of all time. His movies are not only timeless but represented a huge part of my youth.

Here are some of my favorite John Hughes movies.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off - Matthew Broderick as Ferris will forever be remembered as this character even when he hits later years. " Bueller, Bueller."

Sixteen Candles - Molly Ringwald, Anthony Michael Hall. Samantha Baker, high school teen is turning 16 and her family just plain forgets and is more wrapped in their other daughter's wedding. This movie had so many great lines. " I never bagged a babe", I can't believe I gave my panties to a dork,

The Breakfast Club - Molly Ringwald, Emilio Estevez, Judd (what ever happened to) Nelson, Anthony Michael Hall and Ally Sheedy . I loved this movie because Hughes got the cliques in high school just right and still holds up today.

Pretty in Pink - Molly Ringwald (again), Jon Cryer, Andrew McCarthy and James Spader (as Steff.) Andie from the wrong side of tracks falls for Rich Preppie Blaine -His name is Blane? Oh! That's a major appliance, that is not a name! Who can forget Ducky rolling around on his little bicycle and Steff's all time great put down " That girl was, is and always will be nada " while wearing his white Miami Vice linen suit. Classic.

He had whole host of movies including Home Alone and Mr. Mom.

If you haven't seen this movies, I highly recommend the list above.


1 comments:

JosiahsMommy said...

So sad he died. Great tribute post.

Post a Comment