Monday, November 2, 2009

New Mom's Circle at the McBurney Y

During my leave when I first adopted my daughter, I was pretty much alone except my daily trips to the park to get some fresh air. As you know, the first few months is a constant cycyle of feeding, diapers, crying, laundry... Every one needs a break and it helps to be around other moms who are experiencing what you are living. I was lucky to have found a support group that helped me maintain contact with the outside world.

So I wanted to pass onto any new moms out there or if you know of a new mom to be that the McBurney Y on 14th Street has a new weekly group for new moms.

The New Mom's Circle provides a space space, for new moms to socialize, share and offer support to one another. The New Mom's Circle is facilitated by a pscyhologist who is also a mother and grandmother.

The group will cover a range of topics from feeling overwhelmed by responsibility to confusionss about how to balance work and family.

The meetings are Wednesday, 10-11:30 AM. Feel free to bring your babies.
Cost: $50 (members), $65 (non-members)


0 comments:

Post a Comment