Friday, December 18, 2009

Things I Wish For - It's Not What You Think


The end of the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, a Job, World Peace... Yes I wish for all those things but selfishly, I wish my parents were still alive.

I lost my mother in 1988 in a car accident after she returned from visiting her family in Japan after 15 and my father in 1993 to a heart attack.

I am not a particularly sentimental person except this past weekend as my daughter was being promoted from a white belt in karate to a blue belt (who knew there was even a blue belt?),  I  started to tear up at the promotion ceremony. I, instantly, thought of my parents and wouldn't it be wonderful if my parents could be here for the many in the line of momentous, memorable occasions my daughter will be having over the course of the next few years. Of course, they if had lived, the would be in there 70's.

That's it, just wanted to share. Have a great weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment