Friday, January 1, 2010

The Jumpstart Project - 365 Day Challenge to Shatter Complacency

Instead of telling you my New Year's resolutions which frankly, I never keep, I have decided to Jumpstart (hence the title The Jumpstart Project)  the new year and the new decade by challenging myself to do something different for the next 365 days. 


What does "different" mean? I haven't the vaguest idea.   I did not want to box myself in by defining different so I have no idea what form it will take on a daily basis. Seriously, can you predict what will happen to you any given day or who you will run into? I can't, if I could I would have bought Google when it went public and not GE. 


10 Tenets of The Jumpstart Project

  1. Be bold
  2. Be brave
  3. Be open and receptive to whatever happens
  4. Be in the moment
  5. Be able to break out of your comfort zone
  6. Be able to ask for help or ask for "something/it" (again no definition of "something or it")  in general 
  7. Be positive, not negative
  8. Be afraid to fail or get shot down but get back up and try again
  9. Be in the game (as my dad used to say, you can't win or lose if you aren't at least in the game)
  10. Be different


I will provide a weekly recap every Sunday as to all the different things  I have done in the past week. 


Feel free to provide  ideas, comments and keep me honest. 


Note, I will not be bungee jumping or jumping out of planes. I am not that brave or open to endangering my life or making my daughter an orphan. 

2 comments:

Kimberly/Mom in the City said...

This is great Linda. I hope that you have an amazing 2010!

NYC Single Mom said...

Thanks Kim for the support

Post a Comment