Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Jumpstart Project - 365 Day Challenge to Shatter Complacency January Update

Here is an update of The Jumpstart Project -
Sorry I have been remiss in providing weekly updates so for the first post I will provide the monthly highlights. That's next month's goal, "try to be more timely and print this every week AND chart this everyday. I seemed to have forgotten some days.



Tuesday, January 5
Contacted former colleague from my first job in advertising who just happens to be the Publisher of Working Mother magazine. She gave me great career advice as well a great recommendation of an organization to join.




Thursday, January 7
Tried a home made facial made from ingredients I already have in my home. Here is the recipe from
  www.SpaIndex.com 
Spa Index Honey Oatmeal Facial 
Honey is a natural antiseptic whereas the oatmeal absorbs excess oil and acts as a natural exfoliant.
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup oatmeal
2 tablespoons of honey

Finely grind the or process the oatmeal in a blender or food processor. Set aside. In a small bowl, stir honey and yogurt. Then add the oatmeal. Mix thoroughly until a smooth paste consistency has been reached. Smooth over your face and neck, leave on for fifteen minutes and rinse off with warm daily. Can be used daily.

For other spa recipes - check out at www.SpaIndex.com 

January 11, 2010 - Took a podcasting class at Apple. Of course, I have yet to make a podcast. February goal.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Joined the Advertising Women of New York and volunteered for a committee. In all my professional years, I have never part of any organization.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010
This is a weird one. I actually did not make an effort to talk to someone. Pet peeve I have is fathers who don't even make an effort to talk to you and you are always the one to make the effort because it's the polite thing to do.  I got into the elevator with the dad who never talks (no, how are you? how's school, nada) and forced myself to say absolutely nothing and got off without saying goodbye, have a night evening. NOTHING.!!! Just a follow up, the next time I saw him he actually spoke first. Well, see he can make effort, dammit.

Friday, January 22, 2010
Met with Onica @blasianbabynotes.blogspot.com to discuss doing a book together. Details to follow.

Wednesday, January 23, 2010
Met with personal coach on ideas to networking/finding a job and came up with hire me page for my website. Let's face it, getting a job is all about networking.

Thursday, January 28, 2010
Went to blog event and ran into another blogger/writer and asked her how I could invited to toy fair and she said she would send me her contact. Low and behold,  its done and I am going.

Friday, January 29, 2010
Met with to two gym buddies to come up business ideas. We came up a with a couple so I need to come up with a name for the business and follow up notes.


Saturday, January 30, 2010
Decided it was time to get fitted for a bra. Okay,  shock of shocks, I am wearing the wrong bra size. I was wearing 38C and I am actually 40D.







0 comments:

Post a Comment