Sunday, January 10, 2010

Talking Responsibility with Michelle Obama



Thanks to fellow blogger Gina @proactiveblackparenting.blogspot.com for putting this video up on her site.

I like this video not so much about the First Lady Michelle Obama discussing responsibility (important) but the comment about being teased about talking "white." Black kids making fun of kids who talk "white" just makes me batty. They aren't talking "white", they are taking proper english as my father would remind me when I used to get teased. Oddly, white people don't tease black people for talking "white", that is their expectation.

What kids don't understand is that regardless of how far we have come, when you go into an interview or apply for job, how you talk makes a difference.

0 comments:

Post a Comment