Saturday, March 6, 2010

Dear Kid Saturday - Going to college

Dear Darling Daughter,

Lately, you have been into having a "tickle party" before bed mood. I love that about you.

What I like best about this pre-bed ritual is that after our "tickle party", we have a little chat.  Usually, it's  filled with a lot of "I love you", "you are the best daughter in the whole world," followed by "you are the best mommy in the whole world." I cherish these moments.

But yesterday, you had me cracking up as we were talking about your turning 7, next week.

"Mommy,  you are going to cry happy tears when I turn 7, right, and then when I turn 8 and then when I go off to college."

I love that you just skipped right over junior high and high school. And of course, I am thrilled you are thinking so far in advance about college but it's just plain hysterical the way your mind works.

Funny girl.

Love mommy.


Wanna play? Here's how to participate in Dear Kid Saturday:
1. Write your own Dear Kid letter on your blog.
2. Sign the McLinky link, with your name or blog name and link to your Dear Kid Post, the specific post URL, not the homepage of your blog.
3. Grab a Dear Kid Saturday button for your post and/or your sidebar.



0 comments:

Post a Comment