Of course, I feel old every time my daughter adds games to my iPhone and can figure out all the functions.
So just in case you weren't feeling old today.
- The people who are starting college this fall were born in 1991. I was living in Japan in 1991, teaching English. What were you doing in 1991?
- Their lifetime has always included AIDS. I remember the day, Magic Johnson announced he was HIV positive because my dad was still alive.
- The CD was introduced two years before they were born. And now, they will only to buy songs from the internet, in fact that's the only way I buy music now.
- They have always had cable. Except two of my friends with kids who don't have cable.
- Popcorn has always been microwaved. Have you ever made homemade popcorn with your kids? Every so often I see a popcorn maker in the store and think, "Well, maybe I will buy it, then common sense gets the better of me and I put it back. Too messy."
- They never took a swim and thought about Jaws. Although now, there seems to be a shark attack every couple of years so maybe they have other reasons to be afraid of the water.
- They don't have a clue how to use a typewriter. Good lord, a couple of weeks ago, my daughter and I were in an antique store (yes, antique) and there it was a typewriter and my daughter asked me what it was and I tried to explain it to her and she just look perplexed and confused. Please I remember going to business school in 1992 and having to go to the computer lab to get work done.
I know there are tons more, provide your comments.