Monday, November 23, 2009

Holly and Hal Moose: Our Uplifting Christmas Adventure


Powered by Whrrl


After years of Pixar films, I think adults are spoiled when it comes to children's movies. We were invited to see the premiere of Holly and Hal Moose: Our Uplifting Christmas Adventure at the Build-A-Bear Workshop over the weekend.

The movie is one hour feature produced by ABC Family but for me it felt longer. It was a cute movie with an inspiring message about following your dreams. In a nutshell, Hal Moose, Holly's brother runs and discovers Santa's Workshop. Hal Moose wants to help Santa by flying with the other reindeer when a big snowstorm comes and threatens Christmas. Well Hal ends up helping thus achieving his dream.
I thought the movie was cute but mentioned following your dreams, and uplifting a few too many times. I also wasn't fond of the color of the movie. The animation seemed washed out plus the moose characters looked like the Backyardigans characters.

All that said, I asked my daughter what she thought of the movie and she said she liked it. During the movie, all the children including my daughter were transfixed by the story.

There you have it, as an adult, it was okay but from a child's perspective, a good movie. My daughter said she would watch it again when it came on television.

The Premiere of the movie is
Tuesday, November 24, 2009 @ 7:00 pm.  (est) and an encore performance on Saturday, November 28, 2009 @10am (est.)

Let me know what you think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment